Deeper Than cRap by Words by Whoa

Officer Ricky!

My dude Whoa who frequently comments on the blog wanted to share his thoughts on Ricky. After watchhin thie nonsense of an interview he felt compelled to share his views.

make no mistake about it, whether your a corrections officer or a meter maid…you are POLICE.”

Ok, I am only going to comment on this buffonery once & I’ll leave it alone. I just watched the whole “Deeper Than Rap” special on W.E.T. (Wack Entertainment Television) I just wanted to make a few points about this whole beef that it seems “Rick Ross” felt he needed to jump into with 50. First off, let me just say I am not defending either artist but with that said. 50 is quite honestly the winner by default. Why? …well unless you have been living under a rock during this whole back & forth battling thats taken place over the last few months, one thing is definitely clear to me. 50 has used beef as a means to expose weaker minded foes in the past and now it seems that the trend has become overwhelmingly contagious. To be totally honest 50 could sit pat and not utter a single word back at Ross & he would be the winner of this ridiculous excuse for a battle. Simply because Rick Ross is obviously “reaching”. How? Well, Examine the obvious. Last year it was reported that a photo was leaked online of Ross wearing a correctional officers uniform. When the picture leaked initially, Ross denied the claims & rumors, yet instead of admitting to being an “officer of the Law”, which, make no mistake about it, whether your a corrections officer or a meter maid…you are POLICE.

Ross immediately and rather randomly decided to strike up a fabricated beef with 50 Cent. During the back & forth exchanges mind you, Ross finally did admit to the world “after” repeatedly denying, mind you that he was indeed the man in the picture dressed in the Officers uniform. Maybe you may not get it so I’ll try to make it clearer for you, Rick Ross is making in my opinion a rather feeble attempt to save face by hurling himself in front of the biggest “Gorilla in the Cage” so to speak. Anyone with half a brain should be able to draw up the comparisons, 50 Cent – shot 9 times, notorious nefarious associations with Queens/NY street hustlers etc etc… mega succesful hip hop entrepreneur. Remember people, 50 has never sold less than platinum on any one release….never. Even after he was signed to Aftermath this dudes independent album “Guess Who’s Back” went Gold! His mixtapes have sold more than Rick Ross’s albums. If you were going down with the ship and you knew that everything you had worked pretty hard for to attain, money, power, respect, crediblity as an artist, was at risk, how would you approach the situation? In one way I can feel where Rick is coming from. “If I’m going out then I’m going out with a bang”! ” If I go down then I’m taking somebody down with me”!! This is a serious crab in the barrel mentality. Out of all the people 50 has beefed with I feel pretty strongly that Ross is the one least prepared to handle a situation with his nemesis in this case and to those of us who have any knowledge of “real rap beef” it should be glaringly obvious! Your boy is delusional at best but at worst he’s loosing it. To see him during the program hurling childish insults & making retarded comments about taking 5 beats from Dr. Dre…WTF!!?? That was incredibly random btw..Dr. Dre charged $250,000 + per track in 2001 to outside artists who were not related to Aftermath or its affiliates. To get 5 tracks from Dr Dre when you yourself haven’t even sold 500,000 albums with your last two releases really doesn’t add up.

In Fifs defense, I think a lot of people have it twisted when it comes to him and beefs in general. The beef he had with Ja Rule was obviously something pretty personal. So much so that it inspired a certain amount of focus from 50 the likes I haven’t really seen in too many artists ever in the genre. I have to admit that if someone tried to keep me away from the game or somehow tried to have me “blacklisted” from the industry as was the case with 50 before he signed with Aftermath, I would have no choice but to go incredibly hard at the competition & win no matter what the cost. That focus spilled into beefs with others who affiliated themselves with his enemies during that time i.e. Fat Joe, & his associates. Thats all conjecture though. We all know how those situations ended up. In conclusion I only think there is one person who ever shot the verbal “Fare one” with Fif and held his own & the way he handled himself in the scuffle was text book “G”. That man would be Jadakiss. He dedicated one song “Animal” to the battle. The song was played from burrogh to burrogh in NYC and to this day I’ve never heard 50 take shots at Jada since. Why? …Well probably because everything that needed to be said was recorded over a beat & the shit was thorough. I never saw Jada on W.E.T. tryin to backtrack or use the beef with dude to help sell some records and gain extra bullshit fame for himself. He kept his records clear of the bullshit so that he could concentrate on giving his audience good music. If NY wants to find something to stand for how about that? NY showed everyone else in the country, better yet the world how to rap, break, cut, scratch, pop, lock, & battle your way into a better life. Some folks it seems didnt pay attention to the details….

Whoa

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “Deeper Than cRap by Words by Whoa”

1. whoa Says:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 5:46 pm

my bad buffoon has two o’s. Mrs Simms (3rd grade teacher) wherever you are…I’m sorry!!!

April 23rd, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I couldn’t disagree more. I have never cared about this beef, and admittedly have no love lost for FIFTY. Nonetheless, I own two FIFTY albums and zero ROSS albums. I think it is obvious that FIFTY is the better artist. With that said, whenever you are the bigger artist and you get into beef with a lesser foe, whose career you dont absoloutely destroy, you LOSE by default. RICK ROSS is still dropping albums, still gets buzz ( dont ask me why), and still has people feeling the need to blog about how he is losing this beef (nobody had to do that for the JA-RULE scenario). I think that tells you all you need to know. ROSS’ profile has grown 10x with this beef. He has gotten priceless media coverage (no such thing as bad publicity), released an album to capitalize instead of FIFTY (who usually does it), and gotten FIFTY to play himself with the wig Pimpin Curly nonsense.

3. whoa Says:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Men & Women lie…numbers do not. 150,000 plus first week?? Not winning numbers….
    Wait & see

April 24th, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Perhaps your not paying attention. KERI HILSON did something like 134K first week, JADA did 140K first week, RICK ROSS is projected to do about 160K. His last album TRILL did around the same amount and ended up around 700-750K. He isnt FIFTY but nonetheless, his career is the same, his sales consistent with past records, meaning FIFTY has done zero to damage ROSS’ career. Doesnt FIFTY have the higher profile, the incriminating C.O. story, the embarassing baby momma video, the larger voice? Yet, somehow ROSS is still buzzing and may likely be #1 this week. Again, FIFTY loses by default!

5. whoa Says:
    April 25th, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Wow! This is what the world has come to. Sales have dipped so low that a first week number that is definitely “not good” is looked at as big. Some artists who do not register with soundscan who are independent sell better than this!! Yes of course the chart position is nice, #1…oh boy…that can mean many things to the general public but for the industry or the record company itself its a loss & considering all the guest appearances Ross has its gotta be a major major (expensive) loss for the boss! lol! I see your point though but this shit worked for one week. I challenge you to see how well dude does in week 2, 3, etc. Don’t get chart positions and paltry numbers mixed up bro. Trust me the country records are still topping out at a million plus. The hip hop stuff is not moving across the board…

April 25th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

The world has come to the digital age where only artist who have fan bases that date back to the pre-digital era sell records (particularly artists with young fan bases – as in clued on technology/the internet). There are always exceptions but u know what I’m saying. Everybody drops off after the second week but if u look at the sales of ROSS’ last album, he did the same numbers and landed at 700k without a huge single. Thats more then ILLMATIC & ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX (am I showing my age) did first year out. <– Cant believe I’m defending ROSS, but I hate to lose, lol.

7. whoa Says:
    April 25th, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Well, Ross selling the same amount that Illmatic or Cuban Linx did back in the day is not a good indication of success now. I hear you though. There is no such thing as bad press. I just think that this will honestly be the end of the road for dude. I know for a fact that dude has to have spent a boat load of Def Jams loot putting this latest album together. If he falls short of platinum on this release then he won’t even be coming close to breaking even. Trust me i’m pretty sure that throwing blows at Fif was done in an attempt to maintain relevance…

April 26th, 2009 at 6:58 am

I’m not sure about that Whoa. ROSS always seems to get so many high profile people to collaborate with him (ROSS owning a gay sex tape of someone powerful at Def Jam is my theory). He may not be paying crazy considering that many of them are his labelmates.

9. whoa Says:
    April 27th, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I’m sure about this…@ S. Mathis..http://thisis50.ning.com/profiles/blogs/youve-been-rickrossd-saga-of

April 28th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Is that plea bargain offer still on the table?

11. whoa Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 4:21 am

LOL!

April 29th, 2009 at 11:55 am

Rick Ross’ Deeper Than Rap led the way this week landing at No. 1 with 158,000 scanned discs followed by the Hannah Montana soundtrack which landed at No. 2 with 104,300 copies and Depeche Mode’s Sounds of the Universe at No. 3 with 80,100 copies. Asher Roth’s Asleep in the Bread Aisle debuted at No. 5 with 62,000 copies while Chester French’s Love the Future opened at No. 77 with 6,300 copies. (Sales Wrap)

13. whoa Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 12:53 pm

158,000 copies bro?? Ok, for that stat you get a golf clap.. but no plaque! Come back with next weeks numbers, then you’ll see what the deal really is..

April 29th, 2009 at 9:57 pm

I only meant it to being informational. Everyone drops 60-75% second week, for those who were curious. A strong number for a gold artist.

15. whoa Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

LMAO!! Your a closet Ross fan…COME CLEAN…LOL!!

16. whoa Says:
    April 30th, 2009 at 3:22 am

ok read this post and I’m done http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/is-the-brand-jadakiss-bigger

April 30th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Nah I just like to win every argument, particularly when taking the unpopular side. Happy to see FIFTY’s demise continue as he unretired himself from the KANYE debacle only to provide a few weak singles, a few album pushbacks and finally a lame beef with someone he should have vanquished. I’ll buy Tia’s book before I buy his next album.

18. whoa Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 2:54 am

That makes two of us.. Lets call this one a draw….Drinks are on me!!!!

19. Duke Golf Course Says:
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:22 am

Hello webmaster, I found your blog via Google while searching for duke golf course and your post regarding Deeper Than cRap by Words by Whoa looks very interesting for me