Funk Master Flex Bans Interscope Music

Flex Wilds out on the whole Interscope label. Damn!

Goat’s Addedum: This nigga Flex is a clown. He always attacks situations that don’t have the power no more. He never said anything sideways about Bleek (for example) but if he wasn’t next to the throne he would probably attack him. This nigga don’t break records and when I go to the club I listen to dance hall to catch a dub not rap so you cant move me.

Little Known Factoid: At one time Def Jam was paying nearly 60% of Hot 97 payroll. I guess it’s Atlantic Records time now.

Also: Watch the segment on Clear Channel on Before The Music dies documentary and how rotation works.

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to “Funk Master Flex Bans Interscope Music”

1. Kaychai Says:
    April 22nd, 2009 at 2:49 pm

What does this tell you about Interscope’s current musical relevance? You don’t think that FLEX would be doing this if 50, EM, and DRE actually had any music out there that the public demanded to hear. EM.s just getting his comeback underway so I’ll take the wait and see approach. FIFTY, this RICK ROSS beef, and LIL WAYNE completely ignoring you despite your best efforts to goat him, has illustrated your diminishing skills, appeal, relevance, and sanity. Go bury yourself in Connecticut! Take that GOAT!

2. Phever Says:
    April 22nd, 2009 at 3:00 pm

WOW Nuff’ said. Didn’t even think about it that way. Nice shit Kaychai.

3. whoa Says:
    April 22nd, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I think this is a beef that has nothing to do with the artists on the label. Knowing what I know about the weak minded nature of radio promo people in the industry I’m pretty sure that Flex’s beef is legitimate. As far as Kaychai’s rant goes. I don’t care what anyone says 50, Eminem & Dr Dre will always sell way more records than Rick Ross. lol!

April 22nd, 2009 at 4:33 pm

You siding with Flex?, you must want trouble….I’ll kill you

April 22nd, 2009 at 5:17 pm

In response to Kaychai:
    You’re right, Flex is taking advantage of them simply because they have no radio power at the moment. Meanwhile Flex was trying to clown blogs for having more foresight to give new upcoming artists light instead of doing the recycling shit he’s paid to do (see before the music dies, B. Money what up!). Now he’s scrambling and jumping on Drakes dick. Big Nigga please to that. Maybe you don’t like 50 and that’s cool. Everyone’s entitled to there own opinion but look at it this way. The people who are suppose to break records don’t. 50, EM & Dre make music. The radio job is to play them. 90% of the music YOU & I listen to never get’s radio play. So how can you side with a clown like Flex.

Take That (Diddy Style)

April 22nd, 2009 at 11:54 pm

No one is siding with FLEX just pointing out his ‘convenient’ boycotting of Interscope in their current weakened state. If you cant see that they are in a weakened state, from their previous highs, you would have to be dumb deaf and/or blind. P.S. Am I the only person in the world who isnt enamored with DRE like that? I cant remember the last time I bumped a DRE beat like that. Oh, yes I can -> 2001.