Mos Def Challenges Jay-Z & Weezy To Battle

Here’s Mos Def in the streets talking tough and simultaneously creating buzz for his new album, The Ecstatic. Not for nothing this dream battle will never come to fruition but I would love to hear it. Currently since I’ve been on a Mos binge my moneys riding on him. My dude King Carter is too influenced today (See “Go Hard”) for me to put my ones down on him. But Dante can still be wrong and wake a sleeping giant. Your boy Goat will be there May 30th for that Blackstar show at Nokia Theater (Who’s coming with me?!?!?!) to take in history. I will have all the albums in hand looking for some autographs. When the musics good I don’t mind being a fan. Back to the lyrical rumble, Mos talking shit and taking not so subliminal shots.

Fight Camp You Was In Top Form / Fight Night You Wasn’t Breaking Pop Corn”

Yea my money on Mos, not Jay. Weezy your not even a part of this conversation.

Tags: , ,

17 Responses to “Mos Def Challenges Jay-Z & Weezy To Battle”

1. whoa Says:
    April 7th, 2009 at 5:59 pm

yeah Mos is tight but I honestly don’t think he has the mental stamina to go with Jay. It would just depend on which Jay would show up for that battle i guess. Weezy…c’mon GTFOH…That dudes a clown

April 7th, 2009 at 6:42 pm

You right, if ’09 Jay-Z show up its a battle. If Jay-Z circa ’00 – ’05 it might not be so easy.

3. Phever Says:
    April 7th, 2009 at 8:05 pm

C’mon..c’mon really? I think if Jay battled this dude he’d have to go into his bag. Mos is forcing knowledge and lyrics without breaking a mental sweat. He is far too dominate for Wayne and Jay would fall under much too easily if he underestimated Mos. I hope one of them take the bait and we get some quality hip-hop out of it.

4. whoa Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 12:13 am

with the economy being all f’ed up they should go ahead and do it on PPV & raise some money for charity. Type of event is what Hip Hop needs nowadays. Teach some of these young wackos how to rap forreal. Instead of havin some young dummies drive to NY from St.Louis on a yellow bus having theyre heads chopped off at the Fight Klub….OHHH OUCH!!

April 8th, 2009 at 7:35 am

If JAY was motivated MOS would be destroyed. Its not a coincidence when you drop 4-5 classic albums. Being rich and well off doesnt make you forget how to rhyme, and even if you believed that then you underestimate MOS’ wealth (check his last divorce settlement). When you have the most versatile flow of all time, and are no worse the 4th best lyricist of all time (I think he is 2nd for sheer consistency) who the hell can challenge you? Not a guy whose last classic came when he was partnered with someone whose better lyrically then him. I said it!

April 8th, 2009 at 7:40 am

P.S. For all of you who dare challenge JAY’s supremacy as compared to MOS-tly overrated, please follow the great ones advice: “…get your CDs out/ lets go song for song / (we’ll) see whose the illest ni$$a doin it till ya’ll prove me wrong…”

April 8th, 2009 at 7:42 am

Lastly, I’d love to see KRS ONE challenged. I still find him to be the guy I’d least like to battle onstage, even at age 50. Oh, and didnt that EMINEM guy make a movie centered around his onstage battle prowess?

8. Jimbo Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 11:50 am

First of all why all this talking about having albums and such??? this is not a discography battle, this is not about who made songs with who, this is about Mos and Jay steppin face to face, spittin off the top of their dome (no pun intended) plain and simple…For those who dont know their Hip Hop Jay went against DMX back in both their primes and lasted 2 HOURS!!!!!!! if Jay couldnt take out DMX in his prime, imagine what would happen if Mos Def where to battle him? Mos is a Lyrical-thought out-master mind when it comes to his craft

9. whoa Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 1:35 pm

No way on earth, in hell, or in limbo Talib is better tha Mos….Talib is garbage. The only reason any one paid attention to Black Star was cause of Mos & the Hi Tek. Talibs flow makes me sleepy….

10. Phever Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 5:13 pm

S dot. I love you man. Like an internet brother, but we aren’t talking classic albums. We all know Mos is better than Talib on a bad day. He’s just so waaaaay left we forget how ill he is. I’m not knocking Jay either I’m just playing devils advocate. Like you said though “IF he was motivated.” Besides the Black Album I didn’t really feel the motivation as of late. He’s effortlessly going to be Jay, but Mos seems like his motivation is already predetermined in his mind. Victory.

11. whoa Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Nigga Mos really need to save the battle energy for some decent album material for real…dude aint picked a quality beat since his debut album…stop throwin stones at the throne, shit makes you look corny. His work ethic isn’t really all there for real, definitely not like Jays when it comes to making albums

April 8th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I never said that MOS wasnt the better personality, flow, and bigger star. Nonetheless, I always felt that TALIB had the better word game. I say motivation for JAY since he really doesnt have any challenges left in order to prove himself. He has one foot in retirement, which is probably what has MOS so motivated. Nonetheless, I’m still not ready to put JAY in the grave. By the way, lyrically the class of hip hop right now is LUPE FIASCO. We go lyric for lyric in the last 2 years and I say he wins.

13. REP96st Says:
    April 9th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Maybe Jay should show up at the show Blackstar show and battle both of them.. But yeah, Weezy aint no contest.. He’ll have to show up with his stable of ghost writers… The stage’ll be overcrowded..

14. brain bully Says:
    April 10th, 2009 at 5:19 am

I’M THE GUY WHO SHOT THIS VIDEO OF MOS… HE ISN’T DRUNK OR HIGH IN THIS NOR WAS HE PROMOTING HIS CD… I SHOT THIS ALMOST A YEAR AGO AND THE ONLY REASON I RELEASED IT WAS BECAUSE MY SON ASKED ME TO SO HIS FRIENDS COULD SEE IT… WE HAVE TONS MORE BUT NONE WIT MOS CHALLENGING ANYONE JUST HIM ASKING JAY LIL QUESTIONS HERE OR THERE… BUT YES HE’S VERY SERIOUS ABOUT HAVING A BATTLE WIT ANY AND EVERY MC THAT IS SIGNED TO A LABLE

15. NebBadleynomore Says:
    April 13th, 2009 at 8:45 pm

“Im takin it back to Brooklyn”.
    Sigh…Hmmmmph….We don’t believe
    you. You need more people.

16. NebBadleynomore Says:
    April 13th, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I just read all the comments….Im sitting here dying….Mos gonna finish himself if married and chillin Jay even cares.

17. Tha Prowler Says:
    April 14th, 2009 at 12:35 am

none of ‘em is fuckin with joe beezy !!! NOT ONE !!!