Emeritus – Scarface

Face

Here’s the title track off Scarface’s final album, Emeritus. Hopefully this grand closing will get the attention it deserves.

Via OnSmash

Download Emeritus – Scarface

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Emeritus – Scarface”

1. S. MATHIS Says:
    September 30th, 2008 at 8:26 pm

Someone is going to tell me about how long he has been putting it down. Nonetheless, SCARFACE is HIGHLY overrated. “…(Scarface) the movie (is better) then Scarface the rapper to me…” (Hate-Week themed commentary repeated).

2. Whoa! Says:
    September 30th, 2008 at 8:56 pm

uh… no i will not cosign that weakness. Face is one of the most respected MC’s from the south or from anywhere for that matter. “The Fix” is a classic album & I’ve never heard this man spit a wack verse over a wack beat. This dude has made history in the culture for being a trailblazer. If it hadnt been for The Ghetto Boys many southern artists like T.I. or Jeezy prolly wouldnt have a pot to piss in. Face was always the front runner in that group with his honest portrayals of street life in Houston Texas. If you were to show up anywhere from ATL to Memphis to the 5th Ward in Houston spittin such blasphemy you would be more ostracized then that gay police dude from Jamaica. Frankly that comment is offensive & shows a lot about why southerners refuse to show true respect to the east coast. There are plenty of overrated MC’s from NY and there are more than enough overrated MC’s from the south as well but trust me…Faceman is not one of them. Just look to his peers for authorization, Pac, Beans, Jay?? You think them dudes would go to him for verses if they felt he was overrated?? Pump those brakes….

3. S. MATHIS Says:
    October 1st, 2008 at 8:58 pm

I agree with the plenty of overrated east coast emcees point you made. I only say that I have never heard SCARFACE verses that moved me all that much. I havent heard the album that explained to me why he is held in such high esteem. ‘The Fix’ is an album I listened to, put it down, and never reached for much again.

4. Fresh Says:
    October 2nd, 2008 at 1:43 pm

SMH….

I definitely dont agree wtih Mathis, dont know how you can say such things, but, to each his own…

5. Kingleesh Says:
    October 6th, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Produced by Scram Jones u bitches!!
    BEAST MUSIC!!1

6. dmface Says:
    October 9th, 2008 at 9:56 pm

S. Mathis, they say never forget your history. Hmm. Let’s see..face’s first solo album still hits hard today. A minute to pray a second to die smashes anything JZ, Lil Wayne, or TI ever put out. When you talk about story telling, face is as good as it gets. I can sit and close my eyes and visualize all his rhymses. I seen a man cry, smile, look me in my eyes, now i feel ya. Man if you aint been touched by any of this man’s music then that’s similar to being in a holly ghosted filled church and not touched by the spirit. I hate use such an anaolgy, face is a truly one of most underrated rappers in the game. I hear so much garbage on the raido that are not even club bangers and they wont place face. Face has always stayed real to his craft. Download the catalog, as for me I have always bought every scarface and ghetto boy album. Also you need to check the group he put 2 years ago, The Product. Check some of his collabos where he wrecked it. He outshined Nas in Favor for a Favor. He took over the mic on Segals Mac & Brad. Man how can any true hip hop fan say anything bad about face and his rhymes. I could go on..Let his music speak for itself. Lata

7. Face_fan_from_da_D Says:
    October 10th, 2008 at 2:08 pm

Mathis is tripping!!!
    Dude is showing his age. “obviously under 25″
    Face is probably his favorite rapper’s favorite rapper.
    Brad been putting it down for over 20 years and is still relevant.
    If you want timeless Face album, listen to “Untouchable”
    He don’t have go around screamin “King of the South” cause everybody know that real kings get anointed by the people. Face is my favorite but real talk, he gotta be top 5-6 emcees all time. After “any order” Jay, Nas BIG, Pac, Em, who you gone name? All you young cats “that just start listening to Hip Hop after Big and Pac” died need to learn about FaceMob.
    T.I. ,Jeezy, and Luda refer to Face by “Uncle”. Have you ever heard a “relevant” rapper say something bad about Face? Geto Boys along with NWA took gansta rap to the mainstream.

Emeritus Scarface!!!! cant wait!!!!