Hate on NaS…NOW!!!

HWT NaS

As told to Goat by WHOA:

WHOA says, Hate on Nas…why? There are many reasons, the first?? What ever happened to the whole DJ Premier / Nas album collaboration? I have a clue. NaS feels Premo is no longer relevant enough to help him sell significant records in todays market. This would be a good point if only Nas himself was relevant enough to sell records in todays market. Look at dudes last two releases. Hip Hop is Dead & the infamous “Nigger” or “Untitled”. Hip Hop Is Dead debuted at #1 but only sold a little over 350,000 copies in its first week. We all remember the singles as they were rolled out and the lackluster production that kept this album from reaching platinum status.

Now we are forced to look at the latest release Untitled and wonder what the fuck was dude thinking by NOT asking Premo to at least co executive produce the album. The Hero” track was awfully mediocre at best and the follow up single “Make the World Go Round” is probably gonna tank as well. (the idea that an old vet like Nas can simply insert Chris Brown on a hook and instantly become relevant is ludicrous and ask your self, when was the last time you were walking around quoting Game lyrics? (If you did it would probably sound something like..blah blah COMPTON..blah blah blah PAC!…blah blah blah….WEST COAST!)

In my opinion NaS should be hated on for setting us up with all this hype on the last two installments on an up and down discography. The appearances on red carpets with Kelis and supporters dawning Nigger shirts was obviously a dumb look to say the least. Now we are offered up and album that will barely sell 500,000 copies (Gold). Why?? Because your man NaS is probably hating on the idea of turning over executive production duties to an experienced, true, hip hop producer! DJ Premier doesn’t have to produce a whole album for dude actually. He just needs to step in and tell him, ” Hey man maybe the you should think about sticking with a theme, musically for your album i.e. Illmatic, It Was Written, or Stillmatic“!

Reason number 2!, NaS is way too caught up in this whole building hype behind album titles craze and now its backfiring miserably. Nigger, yeah I said it “NIGGER”, which was supposed to be the name of this latest excuse for a good hip hop album. Of course Universal stepped in and pulled the plug on the name for various reasons I’m sure but the point is do not try to sell your fans short by hyping up your work with a word. Back in the day when NaS was releasing his “music”, yeah I said it MUSIC!!, he was all about making sure the public heard his best efforts first on the street and later in radio without a big build up on name value. Now we’re forced to wait and wonder if there will be anything on the albums he releases worth listening to. If your production is lackluster then all your great lyricism simply sounds like angry ranting and preaching my dude.

Next, The whole Def Jam signing. Now I’m the first person to step up and say the battle between NaS and Jay was probably one of the best lyrical exchanges in the cultures history and I would even go so far as to say that the initial idea of NaS signing with Def Jam as a sign of unity sends a good message but….Jay-Z, at the time was the president of the label. In the end it just made Hov look like the overall winner in my view. Imagine if Pac and Big were still walking the earth and Tupac signed with Bad Boy after all the wild nonsense that occurred between him and Big on records. Wouldn’t you be skeptical?? Don’t even think about answering that one cause you & I both know that the hypothetical would’ve never happened in a million years.

Now lastly, I will reiterate, what about the album with Premo. Now as I said it isn’t even necessary for dude to produce every song but at least some guidance would be appreciated and of all the wild ass statements to come out of this dudes face, he wants to do an album with Dr. Dre. WTF!!??You mean thee Dr. Dre?? Of the I’ll take 10 years between albums Dr. Dre?? Of the “I’m a staunch perfectionist” Dr. Dre?? The last man making music in the game who actually still knows how to hold on to the truly greatest asset that an artist can use to they’re advantage…..anticipation. I’m sorry to say that I have no desire to listen to this “niggers” continued pipe dreams. Hey homie, do yourself a favor put the bat on the ball and get on base first before you start rounding those bases….

One More Thing: Stop showing up to perform at shows and forgetting your own lyrics….NIGGER! lol…ok I’m done…

Tags: , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Hate on NaS…NOW!!!”

1. Big Homie Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Nas stays losing. I agree. Nas is that type of emcee that gets us all hyped about his albums. Not necessarily saying they are garbage, but it really has not lived up to the hype. Hip Hop Is Dead > Unitled

LOL at Nas signing to Def Jam and forgetting his lyrics. I respect Nas even more as a mixtape artist and a performer these days.

Long live Hateweek

2. Randy Da Hater from Utica Ave.(RDHFUA) Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 10:35 pm

Nas is just wack. end of story. He doesn’t know if he want to save the people or rob the people. FUcking tupac clone. fuck nas. Yeah I said. What your mother going do about it.

September 24th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Not cosigning this one. I for one loved the content of the Untitled or N.I.G.G.E.R album whatever you want to call it. I’m hating on nigga’s who now only listen for production and not content. Funny thing I was just talking bout his album and that they not respecting what Nas is saying. Niggas wanna dance so go dance… Monkeys.. AND I’M BLACK!

*Kicks over chairs and walks out of post*

4. SALTFISH & DUMPLIN Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Salutes this powerful post LOL

September 25th, 2008 at 12:52 am

The content wasn’t as strong as it was suppose to be. ANY NaS fan knows he punked out last minute. Gotta love the next single “We Make The World Go Round” with the Game and Chris Brown. Very Nigger-ish

September 25th, 2008 at 12:53 am

@ Money C. Paycheck I’m all about lyrics and that song aint got shit to do with The Recession but he said that today on the conference call.

September 25th, 2008 at 1:21 am

Funny thing is I’m not even a Nas fan like that. I always thought he was a smart dumb cat. This album makes me want to go back and listen to old Nas to see what I was missing. I dunno maybe ima part of the 350,000 who appreciated it. But no hate from me..And yall know I can dish out the hate.

8. UnoMcfly Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 9:57 am

Will Either Goat or Carter please take the previous Punk ass Post down…

Money C… its hate week…Stop being a dripper and hate on this Nigga Nas or dont post…

Pussy.

9. client9 Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 11:02 am

Man fuck PMD on this one. There’s a smorgasbord of rappers to hate on out there. Can you going to pick this guy out the bunch. Ok HHID > Nigger I agree but so what I still rather listen to N-word over Carter 3(yeah I said it).

As far as signing to Def Jam, the nicca has kids man. Got to fuggin eat.

Its crazy when a nigga skill level is based on album sells. Goat lost on this one.

September 25th, 2008 at 11:37 am

I’m glad Uno see the image at the top. Were not here to just chop down the ones who are “too great”. You all loved the Charles Hamilton post but your mad at the NaS one. In Hamiltons defense he hasnt even done as much fuckery as NaS yet. So let the hate continue and fall the fuck back.

11. S. MATHIS Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 12:02 pm

I see your point MONEY C, but I think your wrong to minimize production as simply window dressing to lyricism. I have always said that NAS is the greatest lyricist of all time. At the end of his career no emcee will have more words on paper that were better. Nonetheless, JAY is the greatest emcee for everything that NAS has not done. Consistently great albums with attention to production, flow, AND lyrics. The greatest songs in hip hop history were made largely by their production, the emcee timeless flow to that production and of course unforgettable lyrics. NAS has failed to keep up with those he has made history with (PREMIER, HAVOC, SALAAM REMI, TRACKMASTERS). ‘NIGGER’ & ‘HIP HOP IS DEAD’ both have jewels that will be lost in the uninspired production & seemingly bored approach NAS took to the beats, and the flow that came on those beats. As for the DEF JAM deal, you guys need to study the terms of that deal. NAS got GUARANTEED MILLIONS irregardless of record sales. He would have been stupid not to sign it. Business is business!

12. S. MATHIS Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 12:04 pm

…Perhaps SALAAM doesnt quite belong amongst those producers above I just happened to like his work on the God’s Son album.

September 25th, 2008 at 2:01 pm

See some of yall must of forgot who yall talking to. <<< Prime hater and chin checker of PMD. So when I say i’m not hating I’m simply…not hating. I don’t care who it may be, if I ride with it then oh well. I can hate on Charles fluidly because he has the audacity to place his name amongst great artists and up and coming ones and he ain’t do shit impressive yet. @ Uno yeah I know its hate week but b4 there was a “hate week” I been spewing my hatred up and down PMD. So pardon me if im hater free for one post.

Pussy.

September 25th, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Suck my cock I’ll murder your family – Will Ferrell

September 25th, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Fuck sales wheres the integrity of the music standing by your WORD. How you get in the studio with Dead Prez who I must say created one of the illest albums (RBG) and not stick to you word.

16. Whoa! Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 7:50 pm

whatever dukes, kiss his ass if you want i aint rollin with this dude until he steps his game up, remember Ill Will Records??, the sham that was Bravehearts,(That album sucked)! oh and yeah sure dude got that dough for signing with Def Jam but his reported advance was $3 million dollars compared to 100 zillion bucks Jay made off of running Def Jam. (Live Nation), dude won the battle but lost the war big time….

17. Ak-Nolij Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 5:40 am

Not impressed with Nas’s latest efforts either. You also have to keep in mind of his track record overall. His job at this point in his life and career is to produce inspiring lyrics as an emcee. I’ve listened to his older work, which left me in an awe-like mood. Hell, I have listened to what people say is his worst album in his career(Nastrudamus), and yet I flipping LOVE that album.

At 17 years of age, what y’all would prolly consider another one of those “dumb kids in the game”(which I’m not btw), I’m honestly confused about Nas’s message that he’s trying to convey.

September 26th, 2008 at 8:46 am

In defense of NAS – Considering that he has the money and acclaim already, shouldn’t he be making music with no regard for radio or record sales? Shouldn’t he just be a artist and say what he wants & make social commentary? NAS – The Most Polarizing Figure In Hip Hop? Judging by the number of comments, he may be our winner!

19. kixass Says:
    October 8th, 2008 at 3:45 pm

nas is a fukkin freemason puppet.
    thats why he deserves more than hate.
    im very likely to cut this fuckers tounge out.
    unemotionally.

whats truth? nas isnt. he is lie.
    just look into his eyes.
    satanas. look up satans job. its recruitment.
    hes the general of hell’s army.
    ahh i remember there was an unreleased track called “general”.
    not knowing doesnt protect you.
    just follow the tracks.

welcome to the game: make people sacrifice.
    and sacrifice and sacrifice. tell people its not sacrifice anymore but still do sacrifice. veil it somehow. tell people there are two version of one story. try to ridicule out of ignorance. eat fire.

why is the fukkin red carpet red huh?

20. ?? Says:
    October 26th, 2008 at 1:08 am

I don’t think it matters at all how much his albums sell, who produces them, and whatever. JIt’s about the music, the lyrics, nothing else. Just enjoy it or don’t.