Charles Hamilton On HipHopGameTV Part 4

Hate Week Certified

Alright so I watched all four interviews. I came to a conclusion that the hater in me reached about a month ago. What really makes this dude ill please tell me. Like it doesn’t hurt me if you call me a hater, I’ve hated on better. He seems like he’s in that category, trying to be sooooooo different. Nigga please let me tell you something.

I listened to all the Charles Hamilton songs that came in my inbox. The zshare files, the mixtapes, the blog praises, etc. You’re telling me this is who Jimmy Iovine is cosigning and ready to get rid of Joell Ortiz. It bugs me out how Green Lantern threw down the super cosign for this dude but I’m sure the labels he spins for took care of him very nicely. I can’t believe a dude who knows Jadakiss is that dude at one time is falling head over heels for a dude that will just freestyle because a beat plays with a few punch lines. I rather bump Lil’ Flip (Enjoy “Bust A Clip” on me my Dukes). What is this dude really bringing to the game, please tell me. Which one of his songs made the hair on your arm stand up like when you first heard “Who Shot Ya” (Have that one too). Where’s the originality hmmm, he wears pink, he likes Rock Music, he’s not into the mainstream oooooo. This nigga was made in a factory and we all know who runs it.

The music is suppose to progress people. Like it’s cool he doesn’t talk about killing and selling drugs. We all know that Hip Hop is saturated with that shit these days. But at the end of the day that doesn’t mean what he’s doing is great. Right now I feel that because the culture is starving for a change in the mainstream (ie: replace South for something) we try to just throw what’s being force fed to us to the top. Like did that freestyle between him, Kanye and The Game really impress you. If you want music that isn’t pro fuckery, we got that last year…it was called The Cool. On that note let’s get to the nook and cranny of it.

Dude isn’t that, matter of fact there’s a bunch of em’ out that I will come across this week. Charles with time may become a better emcee but right now the acclaim he’s receiving is much too soon. For example, you know when I decided to start writing this. The second he said he records his music to sound shitty because he’s such a techno geek and only they can respect that. Nigga please shut the fuck up. I’m a “laptop nigga thug on the computer” (that’s Ghostface) and I could give a fuck about that little fact he dropped. Jabari I see you didn’t give a fuck neither don’t front. The push to be so awkward and different only makes you more of the same.

Mr. Hamilton, the more I listen to your music the less I see what the hype is about. The interviews don’t help either because it seems that the hype is getting to you, don’t front. I for one am always able to take the time and give new music a chance. I gave it a chance and I must say this that Sonic Mantra is fucking silly. Maybe it was the little stint with Heron made you come up with that one. Shit, I use to see shit when I smoked weed so the big H must be worse. At the end of the day you could come out and sell a million copies. Or your weed carriers say all the right things and these words bounce off you. At the end of the day I’m not impressed with your report, you need to write another one.

P.S. I don’t hate the paper chase my dude, just the music.

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Charles Hamilton On HipHopGameTV Part 4”

September 24th, 2008 at 3:35 am

YO….After reading that.. Let nothing else be said. I don’t care about anybody’s opinion after that. Don’t elaborate, don’t add on, just let the seething hate flow through your screen. Breathe that shit in. This is exactly what’s wrong with hip hop. They trying too hard to be different, and the sub par and mediocre are being celebrated as genius and ground breaking. FUCK this dude!

2. modi Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 3:36 am

LOL!

“Jabari I see you didn’t give a fuck neither don’t front.”

DAMN you went in on charles. honestly, i fuck with a handful of his tracks. and i’ve met the man, he means well! the only problem i have is the flurry of music. just when i’m enjoying one mixtape, another joint drops. in fact, there’s so much music out that i can’t name any of his songs. remember back in the day where people knew the name of track 7 on DMX’s ‘it’s dark and hell is hot’? that was cool. or when busta would drop an album, and every single song was memorable? those were the DAYS.

music is one of those things that you either fuck with, or you don’t fuck with. there really is no in between, because in the long run, a song will either make the iPod cut, or hit the recycle bin. mp3′s are being thrown around like frisbees (read: too much damn music out there), and it’s too overwhelming! so i fuck with charles. his marketing strategy is kinda strong for me, though.

3. Mr. Hurtz Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 3:41 am

The junkie speaks…and no one cares.

September 24th, 2008 at 3:54 am

The reason you’d remember tracks was because the content was strong. period

September 24th, 2008 at 3:55 am

Taken for OBFCL: “Kool Moe Dee Better than son!”

6. Whoa! Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 8:33 am

the kids just overrated…..

7. dairy Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 10:26 am

why does he always look the same? does he always have that same pink tee on?

8. ROll3R Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 10:31 am

Ummmm Who’s a fan of this Kid???
    Is ANybody OUt there…LOL

There’s quite a few more “Rappers” that deserve similar spotlight….

9. ZEPS Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 12:59 pm

i was doin backstage interviews at the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.. and this cat was there rockin ultra pastel clothes and gigantic soft pink headphones.

that alone made me dislike him, plus he thought he was the shit and wasnt happy that i didnt know who he was..

my freestyles are better than his written shit.

word.

10. Client 9 Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Yeah even is off-the-dome raps are wack. I hate is style and his face.

See what you’ve done Kanye!?!

11. richE39 Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 4:16 pm

i’m from the era where we took dudes like supernatural and craig g for granted, damn i miss the 90′s

12. Big Homie Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Charles Hamilton is the truth. Hip Hop needs an artist like this right now.

13. Big Homie Says:
    September 24th, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Long live Hateweek

LMAO

14. S.T.K1981 Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 1:10 am

This nigga needs a haircut and a iron.

He needs to get what some of ya boy Joey Jihad got a few days ago.

15. S. MATHIS Says:
    September 25th, 2008 at 12:24 pm

The cream always rises to the top. If your really good, u will get shine (see LUPE). Everybody aint gonna go multiplatinum but u will gain a following. I have never heard of this guy.

16. » Blog Archive » B Money Speaks On Charles Beat Jackin’ Black Spade Says:
    March 30th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

[...] if you were a fan of PMD in it’s hey day you got to see me vent about young Charles Hamilton and what I think about his rap. Over the weekend I got word about dude swagger jacking a track from Black Spade and then not [...]