Jay-Z Establishes Trust fund for Sean Bell’s Kids

Jay

Allhiphop reports Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter has established an educational trust for the for the children of Sean Bell, the unarmed African-American man who was shot and killed by police on the day he was to be married.

Sources have confirmed with AllHipHop.com that Jay-Z is working closely with Nicole Paultre Bell, Sean Bell’s widow, to institute the trust funds for both of their children.

Nicole Bell appeared prominently in Jay-Z’s Rocawear “I Will Not Lose” advertising campaign with images that caused indignation within the NYPD’s Benevolent Association.

I now shut the f*ck up about my previous comments. Hovie is back in good graces…for now

Full Story Here

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Jay-Z Establishes Trust fund for Sean Bell’s Kids”

1. Arizona Slimm Says:
    May 2nd, 2008 at 2:19 pm

That’s what’s up! We need more of this, doesn’t matter if he is doing for good press or just out of a good heart. The children still get to benefit from the end result.

2. JOIOUS Says:
    May 2nd, 2008 at 2:39 pm

RESPECT!!!!!

May 2nd, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Cosigning all of the above.

May 2nd, 2008 at 8:41 pm

HOV, I’d like you to use that powerful voice of yours to address some issues in the black community. Nonetheless, I appreciate your efforts. Contrary to popular belief, money can heal some wounds.

5. Mindy Marin Says:
    May 3rd, 2008 at 2:17 pm

I agree with S. Mathis.
    I’m sure now though that we’ll look past him being mum on the shooting for so long.
    This is way more beneficial to Sean Bell’s widow and kids than Jay merely making a public statement about how unjust the shooting was.

6. Tha_Prowler Says:
    May 3rd, 2008 at 9:29 pm

tha big dawgs in tha city gotta step up in situations like this and do a lil sump…i mean they don’t have to …but still dey got to….esp as blk ppl, and tha magnitude of the case, and how we as a ppl got shitted on by tha system. so big ups to jay on dis yo. word up.