NaS On The Grammys Red Carpet

NaS on the red carpet with CNN speaking about the new album Nigger. Gotta love the part where NaS says to the corespondent that we’ve all been Niggers at some point and she was confused. Props to Kelis for grabbing the mic and G-checking shorty about John Lennon using the “N” word for music.

9 Responses to “NaS On The Grammys Red Carpet”

February 11th, 2008 at 6:04 pm

KELIS IS MY BITcH! SHE BROKE THAT LADY OFF WITH THAT LAST WORD!! LOL

February 11th, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Uh…I think people need to pay attention..Like Nas is a smart dude but the word nigger doesn’t mean ignorant. I’m sorry. It means indentured servant. Do your research before you start applauding dude.

3. UnoMcfly Says:
    February 11th, 2008 at 11:25 pm

LEts Go KELIS….

February 11th, 2008 at 11:30 pm

Very interesting interview. Not 2 sure what Money C. is referring to but none of my dictionaries say that nigger means indentured servant. Might want to check that out one more time. Neither does it say ignorant but I believe that’s due to what it has 2 mean 2day as opposed 2 what it meant hundreds of years ago. Here’s a little known fact, the definitions of words in the dictionary are set by what words are the most popular in today’s culture & what the interpretation is 2 people nowadays. This is why Bootylicious did make the dictionary about 3 years ago. So whateva we want 2 make for the word Nigger is what WE WANT IT 2 MEAN. Let’s hope we can make it mean something progressive or just random so that no1 has 2 really use it anymore. Yeah I’m also not a fan of that law that stops Black people from voting 23 years from now. White people really know how 2 make laws I tell you what.

February 12th, 2008 at 12:00 am

I learned that from Ms. Wright in African American history class. And you know Ms. Wright don’t play that shit. With her fine ass. She brought in books outside of the curriculum so the white man wouldn’t share only HIS knowledge..Sorry I felt a little Thurgood Marshall coming on.

6. reeCe Says:
    February 12th, 2008 at 8:41 am

I want to give Kelis some of my Clue Carpet treatment.

7. R. Kelly's Lawyer Says:
    February 12th, 2008 at 9:45 am

I respect the fact that Nas has a message and trying to really open the eyes of the masses.

As far as the word Nigger; Im but the first thing I refer the word Nigger to is black people. Its a derogatory word for Black people. Nothing more nothing less. When some screams nigger, I dont think of an ignorant white person, Jewish, Latin, Asian, Greek or whatever. I think of a Black person. Im sure you all agree. You can dress up shit and call it what you want but at the end of the day, its still shit. The word Nigger sounds alot like “Negro”. Im not Latin but Im pretty sure negro has something to do with “black.”

Lets be real with ourselves people, Nigger means Ignorant, dumb Black person.

8. moneyboss Says:
    February 12th, 2008 at 5:20 pm

moneyboss // Feb 12, 2008 at 5:48 pm

I think what gets lost in translation here is the differnce between being politically correct and whats real. When Sean Bell gets shot 50 times by the police thats not somthing you can do to a person unless they are a nigger that doesnt happen to everyone just us. So if we own the experience why shouldnt we own the word, thats what Nas is saying.
    G Bush’s dad did business with the nazis yet know one will ever call him one or questions his actions. Yet Barack Obama gets slandered as a radical muslim by his opponents even though he hes been a baptist for 20 years. The botom line is Id rather a person like Rush Limbough call Barrack a or myself n**ger and show his ignorance than say stuff like halfrican American and get a pass. White people dont want anything to do with that word with good reason, but if your getting stopped by police 6 times more than other races its fair to call a spade a spade its really sad that we are more concerned with a word than with the real underlying perception issue, an issue that we can address if we make enough people uncomfortable. I think the problem is that we allow people to think that just because they dont use terms that arent PC that
    they dont have preconceived notions about people based on race.
    We all have at one time subscribed to stereotypes about other races even other nationalities of our own race but put the kids to bed before nas come out because hes no hold barred

bythe way he donated 250000 to Sean Bells family where are the other so called consious rappers

February 13th, 2008 at 12:09 am

The ‘Nigger’ argument is a basically a problem caused by the generation gap. Someone born in 1950 has a completely different feeling about the word then someone born in 1985. Its been claimed and owned by our generation largely. It brings back memories of beatings and hose downs to older folks. We should out of respect refrain from using the word around those elders that are bothered, but unfortunately the cats out the bag now.