“I Want Those Flashing Lights” Colin Munroe

This joint is my favorite remix of Kanye’s soon to be hit single. Check out more of Colin Munroe’s stuff at his space.

Click image to download single
colinmunroe

11 Responses to ““I Want Those Flashing Lights” Colin Munroe”

January 22nd, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Still trying to figure out what PMD’s esteemed editor saw in this remix.

2. Febreeze The Situation '08 Says:
    January 22nd, 2008 at 10:37 pm

I like it . Alot

January 22nd, 2008 at 11:06 pm

S.Dot been drinking a heavy dose of Hateraid in 2008 I see. Shit. I thought this was your speed crossover negro Dot.

This is cool though. Nice video as well. Good shit Colin Munroe.. Never heard of you but good.

January 23rd, 2008 at 1:39 am

Excellent.

5. DeeTee Says:
    January 23rd, 2008 at 9:59 am

THIS SHIT IS ILL!!! Everyone has been trying to hop on this remix from Beans to Clipse, and besides Kels no one else has done it right, besides this unknown cat. BigUp to Mr. Monroe

January 23rd, 2008 at 10:18 am

And the congregation speaks as S.Mathis is burned at the stake

7. ER Says:
    January 23rd, 2008 at 10:20 am

Pretty cool all around. Way better than R.Kel’s version.

January 23rd, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Lol @ MONEY C. The term “Cross Over Negro” is a relic of ignorant black people’s past. That came out of our lack of belief that we could be anything more then the pimps, hoes, and dumb rapper/athletes we still see as the dominant image of black men and women in this country. Is a white person a cross over when he likes or dislikes something out of the ordinary? I have a college degree and grew up in BedStuy during the eighties and early nineties. Care to compare pedigrees? I see myself as “…the best of both worlds minus the madness…” I win!

@ GOAT — I’m surprised that so many like it. I guess you know the audience better then me THIS TIME. Lol. I haven’t heard any of the other versions of ‘Flashing Lights’ to compare. Still hard to believe that this is the best of the bunch.

January 23rd, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Uhhh..a piece of paper warrants that you read a few books means what now? For lack of better words lemme quote some hip-hop since you’re from Bedstuy you might be familiar with Reservoir Dog’s from Jay-Z’s Hard Knock Live Volume 2.
    Styles opened his verse like this, “I don’t give a fuck who you are/so fuck who you are/I don’t care about your pretty bitch watch or car/I don’t care about your block and whoever you popped/I don’t care about your album and whenever it drops/I don’t care about your past if I did I would ask…

There goes my rebuttal college boy.

Street Knowledge

10. NativeAmericanIndianX Says:
    January 27th, 2008 at 10:52 am

Amidst all the theatrics which is now the norm at PMD which is good in a way.Y’all still put up some ill shit. this song is hot for real i want this on my ipod.S.Mathis come on man.. Kanye is a person he’s not the end all be all when it comes to hits this is hot and could still be a big song eventhough its an unofficial remix.I guess i’m on the hook cuz i wanna see what else this guy has to offer. Just my thoughts

11. Aint No Jive Suckas Here! » Blog Archive » “Flashing Lights Remix” -Phever Feat. Colin Munroe Says:
    April 16th, 2008 at 6:25 pm

[...] born and Canarise representer take a note out of Colin Munroe’s book. Colin did his remix version of Ye’s Flashing Lights song, [...]