How Did Rick Ross Get A Deal?

Boss, Ross, Toss, Floss, Cost…I’d like if you guys can tell me how this dude is signed to Def Jam. How did Jay-Z sign this dude. Listen to this freestyle and come up with 3 reason on how he got signed.

Via Low Key

12 Responses to “How Did Rick Ross Get A Deal?”

1. Marcus Graham Says:
    January 18th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I thought the same sh*t when I first heard him. I’m like “are ya’ll serious??”

January 18th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Maaaaaaaaaaaan…This dude is wack! The nerve of this cornball to call himself the Biggie of his city.

January 18th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

His first album wasnt terrible. Nonetheless, he is one of those artists I never throw hate at since he is never on my radar. I am surprised that he has stayed in the light for so long. I assumed one hot single and he was gone forever.

4. DeWitz Says:
    January 18th, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Why was he actin so brand new about spittin a freestyle??
    Thats how I sound when I’m rappin in the shower… but hotter..

and thats whats wrong with Youtube now.. too much bullshit on there… Couldent even sit thru the half of it…

Dope blog though….

5. Febreeze The Situation '08 Says:
    January 19th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Sounds like someone was in the back of their truck reading and working on their hooked on phonics workbook.

night
    fight
    light
    blight

Much love to jay-z for giving the mentally retarded people a chance to come up in this cold and gruesome universe. A good samaritan he is.

6. UnoMcfly Says:
    January 19th, 2008 at 6:49 pm

1. Jay-Z
    2. Felt
    3. Like it.

January 21st, 2008 at 3:20 pm

WHEN JAZ SIGNED THIS GORILLA; AS WELL AS OTHER DEFJAM REJEKTS, HE WAS ON SOME GEORGE BUSH SHIT: FUcK AS MUcH SHIT UP, B4 HE HAS TO LEAVE–SO WHEREVERR HE ENDS UP AFTERWORDS, WONT B IN KONFLIKT OF INTEREST WITH HIS PREVIOUS POSITION, BEKUZ THE POSITION HE JUST LEFT WILL B SO FUKT UP, THAT THEY KAINT HOLD ANY SIGNIFAKANT AUTHORITY…

I BET ANY $$ THAT BLOOD HAS A ‘RHYMING DIKTIONARY’ IN THAT VAN HE DID ALL HIS MASTERR PIEcES IN… BOOOOOOOO!!

8. modi Says:
    January 21st, 2008 at 4:48 pm

guys…

rick ross is the boss. but this clip is embarrassing. how can you say you’ve never freestyled before? i think i can put better shit together than homeboy. the thing is, the man is a studio MC. you can’t tell me when they put his voice on a beat produced by the runners and then take it to the studio and enhance it like 30 times, you won’t jam to it. cuz he did it with hustlin’. and it worked well. that being said, he still can’t really rap. i think you said all the words that rhyme with boss earlier, PMD. and he doesn’t have too many rhymes after that. good grief.

9. 80 Proof Says:
    January 21st, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Well if he’s the Biggie of his city… Miami has a long muthafuckin way to go.
    He needs to do his research.. Biggie could actually ummmm.. freestyle. as a matter of fact he freestyled 80 percent of his songs…i could freestyle better than than while im takin’ a shyt….

… and since we’re on the subject go pick a copy of that 80 Proof Mixtape and i do mean pick up cuz its free yes free… at most clothing boutiques around brooklyn…holla at real Hip-Hop.

January 22nd, 2008 at 11:45 am

Lol @ “real hip hop”

January 22nd, 2008 at 1:07 pm

To Modi…Hustlin was one track

January 23rd, 2008 at 1:05 pm

STUDIO Mc = STUDIO GANGSTERR…