Easter Egg Hunting With Jay-Z

Hov speaks on “I Know” and his dry humour. Sorry Hov but I still think 50′s joint is better.

8 Responses to “Easter Egg Hunting With Jay-Z”

1. Big Homie Says:
    November 27th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Hov speaks on “I Know” and his dry humour. Sorry Hov but I still think 50’s joint is better.

^ Although, “I Know” is the only song on AG that I skip, Curtis is not better than AG. GTFOH…lol

*daps*

2. Marcus Graham Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

??????????? 50 joint is a better album? American Gangster is not an album that everyone is gonna appreciate. It’s sad, but true. Ni**as ain’t ready for this. It’s like this cat Jay made a new genre of music for more mature listeners. This one is not for the kiddies. As for 50, 50 doesn’t really make music, he just makes albums. It takes no brain work to put out the shit 50 puts out. He was more clever before he got rich. After his first album (which I consider a classic) I think he stopped caring. I skip almost every track on 50′s new sh*t and I don’t know one song off “The Massacre”.
    One of these days cats are gonna appreciate what this ni**a Jay does. He’s one of the only ppl worth listening to nowadays. In fact, I can’t name a rapper that came out after the year 2000 that I f*ck wit besides Kanye and maybe a little Lupe. The rest of that sh*t is crunk and crunk ain’t hip-hop!

3. Trose Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Mos Def got hot joints… Wait i know you lying saying you dont know a song on Massacre… everyone was bumping it it had some bangers!

November 28th, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Hov drops some more gems, as usual. I’m not gonna lie, there’s shit that he said on his first couple of albums that I didn’t really understand until around this stage in my life. That’s how it should be for every rapper though. You can’t cater just to one audience your entire career. Just do what you know & eventually the music will cater to everyone. That is what makes a GREAT rapper. & if Goat keeps saying that Baltimore Love Thing is better I’m gonna start judo-choppin dudes on the street. Word up.

November 28th, 2007 at 3:44 pm

NEGATIVE @ TROSE — The MASSACRE was what I call a commercially sucessful flop. ‘Disco Inferno’ kept me far away from the album. Yeah yeah, I know that he sold a mil in a week but that doesnt mean that it was hot. ‘Baltimore Love Thing’ was a weak attempt at a concept song that is only revolutionary and original to people who are 50 die hards, and/or kids who were too young to appreciate G RAP or ‘I Gave You Power’ from the “It Was Written” album by (when he was still Nasty full time) Nas.

November 28th, 2007 at 3:49 pm

Go re-appreciate those early NAS albums for the best example of what you mentioned in your first couple of sentences. “…you be aight like blood money in a pimp’s cum…” Anyone figure that one out yet from NAS?

7. Beggar Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 4:56 pm

S. Mathis you telling me you aint like some tracks on that album… Dudes be lying i swear! You too cool so i wont debate with you…

November 29th, 2007 at 1:07 pm

BEGGAR, I heard ‘The Massacre’ for the first time in its entirety THIS YEAR. Your talking to the biggest FIFTY CENT in the tri-state hater just short of JaRule (maybe). Like everyone else I bought ‘Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ and recognize it for the classic that it is. I get Fifty’s personality and rap persona/style. I like arrogance in rappers (in most cases it makes them better to me). With that being said, how do any of you Fifty fans take him seriously after hearing ‘Ayo Technology’ or ‘Follow My Lead?’ Especially after he spent so much time killing JaRule for his commercial stuff (which was better I might add). Commercial tracks that are hot are cool and sell records. Songs like ‘Ayo Tech.’ just suck! In the words of Mathis (2nd ed.) “It sounds like a good Justin Timberlake song that FIFTY messed up.”