Throwback Thursdays
“Hey Papi” Jay-Z Feat. Memphis Bleek & Amil

This was my joint when it came out and it was the best song on the Nutty Professor II soundtrack. I was watching a whole bunch of Jay-Z videos on VH1 Soul when Hey Papi came on, man this took me back to a time where everything was good. Look out for drunk Dame Dash, Superhead and some random old man getting he freak on.

This is for you Beggar!

*Bonus*
“Is That Your Chick” (The Lost Verses): MTV Version Memphis Bleek Feat. Jay-Z, Missy Elliot

7 Responses to “Throwback Thursdays
“Hey Papi” Jay-Z Feat. Memphis Bleek & Amil”

1. Randy Da fuckin' hater from Utica Ave.(U.A.) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Yo even I can’t hate on this… or can I… Jay should have know Amil wouldn’t had sold…

November 15th, 2007 at 8:49 pm

I miss the Dame Dash simulated shimmy-dance. That one always gave me a laugh. Can it be that it was all so simple then?

November 15th, 2007 at 8:58 pm

JAY is like MICHAEL JORDAN in the way that you just can’t nail down one verse or one game between the two of them that stands out, because they have so many. The verse that JAY laid down on ‘Is That Yo Chick’ is one of the few that I have completely memorized simply off rewinding 1400 times when the song dropped. Its so hot it might be used as a teaching tool to my future son as he begins dating. “I dont love’em / I duck’em / I dont chase’em I fuck’em / I replace’em wit another one / dont get mad at me / she keep callin me B.I.G when my name is Jay-Z…” ———————-
    ‘Son, do you understand?’ ——————–
    ‘Yes Dad!’—————————————-

4. GTB@nnuh Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 9:12 pm

NIGGAS TOOK SHIT FOR GRANTED . NOW YOU GOTTA SUPERMAN THESE HO’S . WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO RAP . THIS WAS THE GOOD OLD DAYS . THANKS JAY

5. Money C. Paycheck(back for the money) Says:
    November 16th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Sigh you know what..I hate to take that Mike Jordan and Hov reference in vain but the only stand out comparison I see from the both of them, is that they both had their Fade To Black moments (pardon the pun) and both came back when there wasn’t truly a reason for either to leave. Mike played for the team he owned…so did Hov. Would Jordan still be Jordan without..let’s just sayyyy Wilt Chamberlain? Yes. Would Hov be Hov if Biggie were alive ?? Ponder that for a while. –Not hating though–

Yo Amil served her purpose, that was a great move because he used her airy voice well then when she shipped a brick he dropped her.

What about Hard Knock Life for a ThrowBack next time?

6. Natural Lady Says:
    November 16th, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Ahhhhh …. Brings back memories

7. NativeAmericanIndianX Says:
    November 16th, 2007 at 7:49 pm

WHAT ABOUT IN MY LIFETIME FOR A THROWBACK….”when Puff was in the tub sippin Mo i was at my video Cris on the speedboat, in my lifetime niggas go do your research” that shit needs some love.