Jay-Z on Charlie Rose

Hovito sat down with Charlie Rose for an interview on his show which airs tomorrow at 11. Unless you’re more in the know like myself you clearly stopped watching PBS once Carmen San Diego wasn’t cool anymore. You Smart Dumb Cats can check it out here. Full interview tomorrow night…Enjoy!

18 Responses to “Jay-Z on Charlie Rose”

November 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Jay Z being on Charlie Rose is a gift and curse because now the proletariat will be all over it. Charlie after maybe Mos, Com, or Ye let this be the last rapper on your show.

2. Beggar Says:
    November 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Hip Hop done grown up huh… Its very possible to do great things out the hood.

3. Fresh Says:
    November 8th, 2007 at 3:41 pm

He is the man! That boy is smoother than a hot knife cutting through butter.

November 8th, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Yes PBS Ya’ll, not just for your kids

November 8th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

A young lady that I’m mentoring received a contract from her school, requesting that she sign thus committing herself to abolishing the N word. And only using it within a historical context. She requested one for myself and I agreed to sign. If you are reading this would you sign and if not why not?

November 8th, 2007 at 5:49 pm

Fuck you Nigga!!!!

November 8th, 2007 at 5:52 pm

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

November 8th, 2007 at 5:53 pm

Currently Bumpin” Jigga My Nigga…

November 8th, 2007 at 6:10 pm

Mathis Says:
    November 8th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

An addendum to the above post:

I will use the word as an adjective when warranted but, not as a sign of solidarity or brotherhood. In laymens terms if I refer to you as a nigger it’s because you haven’t said or done anything of relevance and are setting not only the Black race but humanity back.
    Thank you. Mathis

November 8th, 2007 at 6:14 pm

FUCK YOU NIGGA, GET MONEY MY NIGGA!!!
    (in Thugnificents Voice)

November 8th, 2007 at 6:20 pm

That brought a smile to my face. Sad+funny=Sunny

12. Beggar Says:
    November 8th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

Acting all reformed and what not! TELL HIM AGAIN GOAT!

November 8th, 2007 at 10:35 pm

All of his years in this rap game have bred him into a real political & well spoken gentleman. Not gonna go 2 much into it because we all are thinking the same thing. As far as the contract for that young lady to sign, I would have to say that she would really have to contemplate that for a very long time. That word is something that is so addictive that once you start using it, it’s like trying to stop smoking. If she really feels she can handle something like that at such a young age then by all means. She will be maturing in a fashion that we really need to bring our kids up in. Hell, I might even approach my young’n with an anecdote like that when he, or she, is of age.

November 8th, 2007 at 11:12 pm

But why not yourself?

November 9th, 2007 at 1:33 am

I LIKE THAT HIP HOP IS STARTING TO BE KOMFORTABLE WITH IT’S AGE. JUST LOOKS AND SOUND BETTER->EVEN IN INTERVIEWS.

November 9th, 2007 at 11:27 am

Whatever…everyone so focused on one words. There are hundreds of things we need to stop doing other than saying Nigga…

November 9th, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I applaud the efforts to abolish the -N- word, but I think its a waste of time. Its hard for a person who grew up in the fifties & sixties to make a kid born in 1985 feel the pain that those of that generation associate with that word. Most of you have seen the pictures and read the accounts of racism back then, but it isn’t the same as EXPERIENCING that sort of stuff. Out of respect for that generation I avoid using the word. Sometimes it slips out nonetheless.

18. » Blog Archive » Kanye West on 60 Minutes Says:
    November 10th, 2007 at 3:35 pm

[...] Hop infiltrates the “intelligentsia” once again with Kanye appearing on 60 Minutes. Not sure if this is old or even aired yet. But, [...]