Gillie Speaks on Cassidy Again

Here’s Gillie in front of 106 & Park speaking on Barry Reese and how tough he’s been talking.

13 Responses to “Gillie Speaks on Cassidy Again”

1. Uno McFly Says:
    November 1st, 2007 at 8:00 pm

I think that is Rap’s most overused term…”you know what it is”…its like the laziest way out of explaining yourself..Just think how many times youve heard some rapper drop that line.

2. Mindy Marin Says:
    November 1st, 2007 at 8:35 pm

LOL. Agreed. Just like “That’s what’s up”…which is probably the most overused term in Philadelphia.

I remember when Gillie was in Major figgaz..I was in Philly for school in 1998 and they were on the verge of blowing up. It just never happened. And now he’s hating on poor Cassidy for being a success.

kinda like washed up Miss Jones hating on Mary J. Blige because she believes Mary was the reason she never really blew up.

Get real!!!

Washed up artists are the worst.

November 2nd, 2007 at 7:40 am

THESE NIGGAS LOOK LIKE AN R&B GROUP…

4. Uno McFly Says:
    November 3rd, 2007 at 6:53 am

YESSIR…Why does he sound like a Il Al Scratch Impersonator?

5. Mindy Marin Says:
    November 3rd, 2007 at 10:42 am

More like Mario Winans…he even looks like him a little bit.

6. Money C. Paycheck(back for the money) Says:
    November 4th, 2007 at 10:18 pm

Man Philly should implode on itself. Aside from Beanz (and he is fucking up with that single with R Kelly by the way)and young Chris out the Yung Gunnas you have the Eagles, 76ers, Flyers, plus this goomba right here..LOL Gilly I’m glad your accepting underground “success” King of Philly hasn’t been mainstream since, since..hmmm I know PMD can pull out an old video wit Gilly and the Major Figga crew he ran with briefly.. I treat hip hop like AI it’s all about the crossover.

Oh and I’m not much of a Barry Reese fan either.

7. Enchantress Says:
    November 4th, 2007 at 10:42 pm

*Ahem*

Aren’t you forgetting someone? What about Neef out the Young Gunz?

He’s the one who got Young Chris to start rapping. He’s way underrated.

Also, Oschino, Sparks and Peedi Peedi. Philly is around! I just need State Property to get back together.

Have you heard Chain Gang vol II…..Track 2 (Bear witness to the greatness)….It’s the most powerful music I have heard in a minute..(and it came out maybe 4 years ago)

Philly is making a triumphant return….thanks to Cass right now, and soon Chris..then Beans….Sparks is out….Am I missing anyone?

What’s that? Gillie the Kid? Oh who gives a fock…..lol.

November 5th, 2007 at 9:50 am

With all due respect, Philly is sort of like New Jersey’s lil sister and NJ looks up to big brother New York. The city is like NYC 1988 considering the crime rate. All the teams outta Philly are in transition (going nowhere fast). The hip hop talent is all but dead. Being ‘King of Philly’ is like being KING of ETHIOPIA (worthless). I’m no big fan of Cassidy, but he is the only artist from Philly that even has the remotest chance of selling a record. Too many confuse who is most gangster with who is most talented. Sorry Gillie the kid(didnt u see the beginning of ‘Baby Boy’) would likely EAT these dudes like they had chocolate chips growing out of their ears. I might just buy Cassidy to help continue the gangster flop in hip hop.

November 5th, 2007 at 9:52 am

Thats Cassidy likely to EAT Gillie and his crew.

10. Enchantress Says:
    November 5th, 2007 at 10:08 am

beans release a grittier sounding second single….and run very far away from the formulaic stuff you just dropped. Don’t take that route dun….

11. Money C. Paycheck(back for the money) Says:
    November 5th, 2007 at 12:47 pm

I’m sorry Enchantress but I don’t think Barry Reese is up on his white horse leading the Philly Charge. The dude got talent but are we in love with his song writing or his freestyling? His actual decent tracks aren’t singles, they’re forgotten tracks on an album, mentioned but soon forgotten. Who’s to blame A&R’s Swizzy the label? Who in the hell cares. S.Mathis said it best Philly is the girl on the swings and NJ is on the sidelines of the court watching big bro NY play ball. YES Neef did start up the boy Chris but lol let’s just say he passed his predecessor..A long time ago. I agree with you on Beans though, make something true to life again and I’ll ride to you. And I love Philly..smh

*While I’m standing at the finish, you still doing laps*

November 5th, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Beanie needs to hang it up. He will never go platinum. He is too unlikeable and caught up in his gangster image to ever sell a record. I bought ‘The B-Coming.’ It was Siegel’s artistic peak and it barely made a ripple on the rap scene. Philly is only good for a cheesesteak and a motorcycle ride in the summer.

13. Uno McFly Says:
    November 5th, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Ahem..Are we forgetting The Fresh Prince…Did u not LOOOOOVE Switch…

The Plane The Plane The Plane….That is all