CURTIS VS. KANYE: FIGHT!!!

Fiddy Vs. Ye

So today’s the day that will decide next week who is the new Sound Scan King of Rap. Curtis and Graduation both hit stores today and I for one can tell you people are coppin’ CD’s left and right. The hype has been well worth it and now the real fight for Hip Hop Supremacy will begin. Kanye boasted his pre-orders are at 1.4 million already. My dude over at WMG sent me this info. Place your bets people, this can get ugly and when I mean ugly I mean labels buying CD’s…Numbers inside.

Update: As of today Billboard announced concrete numbers
Kanye’s First Day Sales: 437,000
50 Cent First Day Sales: 310,000
Chesney First Day Sales: 107,000

Update: As of last night, sales for
50 scanned between 500k-650k
Kanyne scanned between 650k-800k

Update: As of 3pm Best Buy has
50 scanned 59k
Kanye scanned 79k

Initial orders (I/O) for both Kanye and 50Cent are dead even.

Total units in circulation for Kanye are 1.2 million with 200k of these being clean versions exclusively for Walmart

Total units in circulation for 50 Cent are 1.2 million with 100k of these being clean versions exclusively for Walmart

Conclusion: Walmart is betting on Kanye, Vegas however is betting on 50 Cent. Various odds makers have 50 Cent and Kanye at -200. Basically you gotta wager $200.00 to win $ and 100.00 and -160 Bet $100.00 will get you $160.00 respectively.

Official Label 1stWk predictions (used as guidance at retail FYE, Best Buy, Etc.) have Kanye and 50 Cent estimated to sell 600k and 575k respectively.

50 Cent Past First Week Sales Performance:
Get Rich or Die Tryin’ (2003): 872,000 units
The Massacre (2005): 1.14 million units

Kanye Past First Week Sales Performance:
The College Dropout (2004): 441,000 units
Late Registration (2005): 860,000 units

9 Responses to “CURTIS VS. KANYE: FIGHT!!!”

1. mr. extrordanaire Says:
    September 11th, 2007 at 12:51 pm

How about you buy neither, seeing as how both are under the Universal umbrella, the one label still wins. It’s amazing how 50 Cent goes from one ridiculous promo campaign to another for every album and people eat it right up. Support more independent hip-hop today and go cop the new Grayskul album. Download 50 and Kanye, they’ll still have plenty of money to do absolutely nothing with.

2. Rich Says:
    September 11th, 2007 at 3:25 pm

it’s comedy how all of a sudden everybody and they grandmother suddenly turn into A&Rs and record execs, just buy the muthaph#ckin cds and enjoy ‘em for what they are,ENTERTAINMENT!

September 11th, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Dawg I am an A&R, for shoot em up in the face records….

September 11th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

I guess the Kanye and Fifty talk walk won’t die until the middle of next week. Yawn…

September 11th, 2007 at 7:31 pm

I love how ‘independent’ hip-hop is translated into ‘good’ hip hop@ Mr. Extrordanaire. There are just as many wack underground emcees as their are on the majors. Good luck with what your doing nonetheless. I tell everyone to support good music. Stop settling on average emceeing and buying into personalities and perception instead of talent & originality. Who cares whether they are under the Universal umbrella or not.

6. Beggar Says:
    September 11th, 2007 at 9:48 pm

Its crazy when you grown folks talk about the whole event… Let me find out the urban market let this music battle over shadow 9/11… I didnt lose anyone in the tragedy but i could have… Thank God they are still with us today!

7. NativeAmericanIndianX Says:
    September 12th, 2007 at 8:25 pm

^^CHURCH AND TABERNACLE

8. Ak-Nolij Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 4:12 am

And yet 50′s idiocy sky rockets once again.

I could give less than two shits if either of them fought for “supremacy”, but since this is such a “big” event, I’ll predict Kanye as the victor. Cause no way the majority of the world population is that stupid to buy into 50′s scheme of turning Hip Hop to business shambles. Oh wait, that’s been done before by Jay-Z himself, what else is new? =/

September 14th, 2007 at 7:07 am