German Kids in Black Face for UNICEF

UniceFuckery

I’m hoping this is a bad joke for real. Advertising agency Jung von Matt/Alster did a pro bono ad campaign for Unicef Germany about the education crisis in Africa. The campaign is “blackfacing” white kids with mud to pose as “uneducated africans”. Now this here is just plain f*cked up…no way around it. I really hope this is a joke or Unicef didn’t pick this up.

Here are the individual Ad’s

UniceFuckery
I’m waiting for my last day in school, the children in africa still for their first one.

UniceFuckery
In africa, many kids would be glad to worry about school.

UniceFuckery
In africa, kids don’t come to school late, but not at all.

UniceFuckery
Some teachers suck. no teachers sucks even more.

Full Story Here

9 Responses to “German Kids in Black Face for UNICEF”

1. R. Kelly's Lawyer Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Wow the campaign director needs to be fired an have his ass whipped. I dont think they were tryin to offend but they are too stupid to realize that can cause more harm than good.

I sometime still see Germany as a post-Nazi country and it will take little for them to offend me. I understand that the lack of a functional education system is vast in Africa, Im sure there are other creative ways of expressing it. If putting real African children in the campaign isnt innovative enough, find another medium.

We are focusing more on the wrong part of the campaign. Which is a “No No” in advertising. They have to re-address.

2. Beggar Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 4:31 pm

All in all that mud works for them… They look better with that on their face!

We all know that the education in Africa is very minimum but i would like to know what they really was trying to get across.

The biggest question is what would Oprah say?!

August 9th, 2007 at 7:06 pm

I can’t believe this crap. Its like watching BET.

August 9th, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Is this ad about African kids or African-American kids in Bed-Stuy, Harlem, Compton, Houston and New Orleans?

5. NativeAmericanIndianX Says:
    August 9th, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Those kids are getting a head start at brown nosing.

6. Black Benny Hill Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 12:46 am

Damn, kid! This tee says it all. Advertise that!!!

7. WOODRO Says:
    August 10th, 2007 at 5:09 pm

THATS CRAZY…DAMN

8. Ak-Nolij Says:
    September 14th, 2007 at 4:53 am

*Ak-Nolij Now Listening: Anarchy by Busta Rhymes

“…What’s this world been comin’ too..?…./….Can’t you see/ what’s in store for you.?…”

That’s it, I’m committing suicide. Nice talking with you people.

9. zack Says: